Snapchat is one of the favorite photos, videos, and message sharing social media applications among millennials. The hyper secured and private communication channel with advanced tools to record, edit and add text made this application an instant hit among the youth. The simplicity and compactness of the app found a huge number of loyal users, which reached over 200 million active users globally.
The best part about Snapchat is that the communication thread stays there for just a few seconds and gets auto-deleted. So, if you are wondering how to recover Snapchat messages here are some simple tips that you can use to recover deleted Snapchat messages on iPhone and Android devices.
Since its beginning in 2011, Snapchat maintained a consistent growth through innovative inputs from time to time to keep user interest alive and engaging. From the core of person-to-person photo sharing now the app features “24-hour stories”, “discover” and ad-content display for brands.
Since it has a highly effective chat feature where you could share Snaps like photos, videos, and virtual stickers, sometimes you feel the urge to revisit the thread. Human response to memory triggers is very strange.
Sometimes, it is possible that you are not in a mood to analyze and respond to the messages. But after a while, you might feel the urge to respond, and to that, you need to access the messages. What to do when the message isn’t there any longer. So, how to recover deleted Snapchat?
How to recover deleted Snapchat messages?
Snapchat became an instant hit for its auto-delete feature. But sometimes, you might feel the urge to have access to the messages as some emotions are worthy to be kept in memory for a longer period.
Interestingly, the tech major has introduced the “Discover Messages” feature. Are you worried about the word “deleted”? Don’t worry; it is possible to retrieve deleted Snapchat photos and videos. Here is the detailed guide to help you recover deleted data for all types of operating systems.
The fact of the matter is that Snapchat gives you the flexibility to decide how long you want your recipient to see the shared pictures and videos. Once the specified time is over it gets erased from the chart thread, permanently.
The trick is, it gets deleted from the thread, not your phone. Modern mobile operating systems are programmed in such a manner that anything that gets downloaded once in the device remains there in one form or the other until you manually delete them.
Read more: 10 Best Snapchat Spy Apps in 2021
How to save Snapchat messages
Precaution is better than cure. Snapchat by default deletes all media files after the specified time. If you think any message of media files needs saving, you can follow these simple steps to see them:
- You need to open the Snapchat and go to a specific chat.
- All you need to do is long-press. It will get automatically saved.
- The grey covering indicates that you have saved the message. Interestingly the second person will also know that you have saved the message.
- You can un-save the message anytime so that it gets auto-deleted.
Read more: How to Hack Someone’s Snapchat Without Password?
Recover deleted Snapchat Messages
If you don’t know much about your mobile device, here is good news for you. Your smartphone keeps everything for you in the device’s memory with a .nomedia extension.
This extension is to keep files away from any other access. In simple words, it is by definition deleted but still exists in your phone memory. If it is there, it can be recovered also. Here are two simple methods to recover the Snapchat shared files or messages:
Method 1: File Manager
- The Snapchat message recovery exercise begins with the renaming of the files to remove the .nomedia extension.
- You need to access the file manager application first. You can get the File Manager App on respective app stores and download.
- For Apple devices, you have to jailbreak your phone and get access to the right file manager app.
- If you are confused about the file manager app, you can try File Expert, OI File Manager or Astro File Manager.
- Now you need to discover files with .nomedia extension. Most of the applications ignore this file type. This is where your Snapchat messages remain stored.
- You have to select all possible files and rename them to remove the extension.
- This allows other applications to sync files and show them as they are.
- Here you have to spend some time to find deleted Snapchat messages and pictures so that you could recover them.
Method 2: Using Recycling Tools
Frankly, it is easier to recover Snapchat in Android devices than iOS devices. There are several apps available on the Google Play Store that works as the recycle bin. This technically saves every file type that gets deleted after the download.
Thankfully, you don’t have to tweak your device setting to recover these deleted files. This is one of the simplest methods to recover deleted Snapchat messages. But you need to have these apps on your device.
- First of all, install any of the recycle app on your device.
- Now use your Snapchat app as you wish.
- To see whether your recycle toll is working properly or not, open the app and see whether the deleted files are there or not.
- You can access these Snapchat messages anytime you wish.
- This works only when you haven’t opened the photo or video files in your Snapchat thread.
- However, the effectiveness of these apps is very controversial as Snapchat frequently tweaks its program to disable any such activity.
How to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone?
If you want to recover deleted Snapchat messages and don’t know how to do that on the iPhone, here are the simple tips you can use to recover Snapchat messages on iPhone.
The solution is with the iPhone Data Recovery app developed FoneLab. This works effectively to recover all possible data from your device. All you need is to keep your recovery tool updated to match the phone configuration for syncing. Follow these steps and recover your deleted Snapchat messages on iPhone smoothly:
- First of all, you need to download and install the FoneLab tool on your Mac or Windows personal computer.
- You have to connect your iOS device, whether iPhone, iPad or iPod, using a USB cable.
- Once connected you will have to allow scanning permission to the Recovery from iOS.
- All you need to do is allow “Start Scan” and wait for a while.
- Once the scanning process is done, you have to select the desired section you want to recover. Here, you need to select Snapchat messages.
- You will see all the possible messages. You will be required to select the files you want to recover. Once selected, click on “recover”.
- You will have all your deleted files saved in the destination folder.
How to recover Snapchat messages on Android
The Snapchat message recovery on Android devices also follows the same path. FoneLab is a pretty smart recovery program designed specifically to recover lost data.
You can recover Snapchat Messages very easily using the FoneLab Android Data Recovery tool. Follow these simple steps and recover all your Snapchat Messages.
- You will have to download the FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool and install on your Mac or Window personal computer.
- In Android devices, you have to access your phone setting to allow the USB debugging mode.
- Now, connect your Android device to the PC using any compatible cable.
- The FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool with detect your device and initiate the process.
- Just click the Android Data Recovery tab and select “Contacts and Messages”.
- This will prompt rooting in your Android device.
- The tool will show you all deleted messages. You have to select messages you want to recover and click the recover button.
- Just wait for a few seconds and you will get your messages recovered.
Isn’t it pretty simple to recover deleted Snapchat messages? With FoneLab tools you can recover all your Snapchat photos and keep it saved in your system folder.
The whole idea behind this auto-delete feature of Snapchat is to keep your memory free of clutter and leave you free the think more creatively. If you think deeply, you will find that most of the emotional challenges are related to short-term memory triggers.
In this era of information overload, it is very important to keep your mind free of unnecessary clutter. Snapchat helps you remain engaged, share the joy with friends and move forward with no memories.
The whole idea is to keep mental and device memory free of unnecessary load. But if you feel the urge to access any of the photos and videos then you can recover any of the messages anytime you wish. Keep on enjoying Snapping!